Corey, my mom and I have had 4 days now with Lily. She has been very colicky. Crying all the time and not wanting to sleep. She cried so much that she lost her voice and now has this sad horse little cry. Things started to look up yesterday though. She started sleeping and took a good 3 hour nap. We went to see our pediatrician yesterday and she looks good except that she has lost more than a pound. He is having me breast feed her and then give her an ounce of formula until our appointment on Wednesday to see if we can get her weight back up. Luckily my milk came in last night so that should help. She slept and eat every 2 hours last night and seems to be settling down. She crys when she is poopy or has to fart. She is sleeping soundly now and we can put her down in her bassinet and do not have to hold her the whole time she sleeps. We are learning together but things seem to be going in the right direction. Corey headed back to school today and I am so grateful to have mom here all week with us.
Monthly: June 2023
3 years ago


5 comments:
Allison,
Glad to hear you guys are getting into the swing of things. I'm sure she'll be easier now that your milk is in. :) If you guys haven't read "Happiest Baby on the Block" I HIGHLY recommend it--it made a world of difference in the first few months with Jazlyn--just wish we had had it with Keyan!
congratulations! She is beautiful!
Ohhh, she sooo cute, I wish i could be there. Im glad to hear things are turning around, I know how stressful it can be, Kasen has been a tough one! We cant wait to meet you Lily!
Glad to hear the 3 of you are getting all settled! She's a cutie! Hope you're all staying warm up there.
You don't know me- I'm a friend of Jessica McConnel's (and I teach in the Nampa School District), but I thought I'd tell you we had the same issue with our little Lucas (now 4 months) and Ethan (now 2 and a half). I just didn't make enough milk so the formula "chaser" made them so much happier. Brestfeeding is best, for sure, but a happy baby is best of all! Anyway, your little girl is adorable - hope it's okay I'm lurking on your blog! I love new babies!
Post a Comment