Yesterday Corey and I went to our first birthing class. We are taking them from a birthing center in Hayden, Idaho. There were about 10 couples in the class which is the largest group she has ever taught. Three girls are due the beginning of December. Myself and two others are due with in a couple of days of each other. The rest of the group is all due in January. Last night she went over different ways to help relieve some of the joys of pregnancy to make the third trimester more comfortable. She also talked about the different signs of labor and what to do at each stage. When she was talking about how birth actually occurs and what happens to the body I think Corey learned more than he ever wanted to know. I am most excited for the weeks we get to learn the breathing techniques. Since I am having a natural birth with no medication. If anyone out there has gone through a natural birth and has a technique or something that worked for them I would love to hear about it.
We go in to the doctor tomorrow for our next check-up. I will let everyone know how that goes.
Monthly: June 2023
3 years ago


1 comments:
I ended up with very little pain medication with Keyan (long story) and none with Jazlyn because things progressed so fast. Neither time was that my intent, but it really wasn't bad with Jazlyn. There were 30 so intense minutes and the rest was no biggy. The breathing techniques helped a lot and if physical contact is comforting to you, don't let Corey leave your side. (Note to Corey--have lots of food for you at arms length.) The only time I lost my resolve with Jazlyn was when Matt stepped out to get food for a minute.
Post a Comment