I went in today for my glucose blood sugar test and I did not pass. So now I have to go in on Tuesday for a 3 hour test. Where I get to drink more of the nasty glucose juice. On the day of testing, the following steps will be done:
I have to start fasting at midnight the night before and I can not eat anything until the tests are completely done. A blood sample will be collected when you arrive. This is your fasting blood glucose value. It provides a baseline for comparing other glucose values.
You will be asked to drink a sweet liquid containing a measured amount of glucose. It is best to drink the liquid quickly. For the standard glucose tolerance test, you will drink 75g to 100g; pregnant women drink 100g of glucose.
Blood samples will be collected at timed intervals of 1, 2, and 3 hours after you drink the glucose. Blood samples may also be taken as soon as 30 minutes to more than 3 hours after you drink the glucose.
So I will let every one know how it turns out next Thursday.
Monthly: June 2023
3 years ago


3 comments:
Drinking the sweet stuff once each pregnancy is enough. I've had a couple of friends that failed the first test and passed the second so hopefully it'll be the same for you. As little as you've gained, my bet is you'll be fine the second time around.
I failed the first test and had to take the second one as well. Everything was fine with the second one though so hopefully yours will be too. :)
i'm praying for you. weird how everyone says how much they hate that stuff and yet they don't change the taste.
Post a Comment