Well yesterday Corey and I had quite the scare. Around 5:30 pm I started bleeding. I called Corey and he rushed home right away. I called my doctors office and the on call doctor was taking forever to get back to us, so we got in the car and drove to the emergency room in Coeur d' Alene. After waiting for what seemed forever we finally got called back. by this time I was flowing pretty hard and scared out of my mind. My mom got there about the time i was getting ready for my exam. The emergency doctor did an ultra sound but did not tell us any thing he saw. He also did an exam and the nurse told us that my cervix was still closed which was a good sign. I continued to flow pretty heavy through the whole time at the hospital. At around 8:30-9:00 the doctor came back and told us that there is nothing more they can do. I have what is called a threatened miscarriage and I now have a 50/50 chance of carrying the baby or having a miscarriage. He told me to go home, relax and call my doctor in the morning. So I left knowing that the baby was still alive but i was still very scared. I slept about 4-5 hours last night. The good news is that the bleeding has stopped. I took today and tomorrow off of school and i am going in tomorrow morning at 7:45 for an ultra sound to see what is going on. All i want is to see the baby move or hear the heart beat. Then I will feel way better. As of right now we are doing okay. I am glad that school is done next Friday and then I can relax and take care of myself and the baby. Please just pray for us and the baby and I will update tomorrow with what we find out.
Monthly: June 2023
3 years ago


1 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that you had to go through all of that! I remember as if it were yesterday the fear that I experienced last year when it happened to me. I think it was probably even harder on Eric since he was up here and couldn't be there with me. All he could do was wait by the phone. When I went to the ER I was told the same thing and was scared out of my mind. It is definately not an easy thing to wrap your mind around. I am happy to hear things are going better for you now though and that the ultra sound went well. I don't know if it helps or not to know that someone else went through it and made it through it all to have a beautiful baby. Hopefully you can take a little comfort in that. Our thoughts are with you and hope everything continues to go well from this point on.
Post a Comment