Today has been one of those days where everything goes wrong. I woke up this morning and found that I had started my period which gave me a great shock since my blood tests on Tuesday showed that I was suppressed. My doctor started me on my medication Letrozole (which you start on day 3 of your cycle) and then I am supposed to start my hormone shots on Sunday.
In the mean time I was taking this afternoon off to have a procedure called
HSG-hysterosalpingogram done at 1:30 this afternoon. (hysterosalpingogram is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them.) Well I called my doctor when I got up because I was not sure if they could go ahead with the HSG. I played phone tag with them all morning since I can't talk on the phone while I am supposed to be teaching. At around 10:45 when my students went out for recess I finally talked to someone. The nurse told me to go ahead and go to my HSG appointment at 1:30. So I left school at 1:00 and went to the Inland Imaging clinic at Sacred Heart Hospital. Only to find out that I am supposed to be at the Inland Imaging center at St. Luke's Hospital. So I finally found my way there at around 2:00. When the nurse called me back it was only to tell me that my appointment had been cancelled and the doctor was already gone. So as of right now I am just waiting for the nurses to call me back and let me know what my next step is.
Monthly: June 2023
3 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment