Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Triplet Babies

Baby A- Kinley Lynn
Baby B- Torii Lee
Baby C- Kenton Douglas
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, October 1, 2009

The phone call no parent wants!!!

Today about 1:15 I received a phone call from Karri, Lily's babysitter. The first words out of her mouth were "Okay, don't panic." So right there I new something was wrong. Then she tells me that Lily got a Lego stuck in her throat and the ambulance is on its way. She told me that she finally got it out but there was some blood. By this point I am crying and freaking out. I tell her I will be right there. I called the office and the Secretary came down to watch my class. I ran down to Corey's room and told him what happened. The councilor took Corey's class and we ran down the hall to leave. We got to Karri's house and the fireman were there. They told us she was alright and Lily met us with a smile. They told us they could take her to the hospital but it wasn't necessary we just needed to go see the pediatrician and have her throat checked. So after they left Karri told us that the older kids had been playing with Legos yesterday while Lily was sleeping. They are supposed to keep them on a blanket but 1 little one had found its way to the carpet. Karri went to put her bottle in the sink and say Lily with the Lego. She told her no and then Lily put it in her mouth. Karri went right over to her and tried to scoop it out of her mouth with her finger. Lily swatted Karri's hand away and then took a breath which caused the Lego to go into her throat. Karri called 911 and then took her to the sink. She tried again to scoop it out of her throat but couldn't. So she held her over the sink and swatted her on the back and Lily pucked up the Lego and some blood. The good news is Lily is just fine. She was breathing the whole time and there is no damage done. Karri reacted perfectly and I know my daughter is in good hands. This is a phone call that I do not wish on any parent.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

So glad everything worked out okay. Now you know both of your hearts are in good shape--otherwise you would have keeled over from a heart attack!

nicole said...

i would have had the heart attack personally. glad to hear that lily is ok.

Book Club said...
This comment has been removed by the author.