Today Corey and I had a staff retreat at our principal's house from 12-5. So we took Lily to daycare for the first time. Besides Karina's kids Lily was the only one there. She was great when we left no crying or fussing. I then called during our break and she said that Lily cried for about 30 minutes straight then would stop and then cry again. She wouldn't go to sleep and Karina had just gotten her to sleep when I called. I have a feeling they didn't just go lay Lily down for her nap and let her cry and whine for a couple minutes and then she puts herself to sleep. I know it is hard for people to hear her cry but that is the way she has learned to sleep and that is the way I want things done. It is so hard because although I know she will get good care no one can care for her like me. She will go a couple of hours tomorrow and then Monday thru Thursday next week. Then after Labor day we start school and my full days with her are over. I am just going to have to learn to trust and let go.
Monthly: June 2023
3 years ago


3 comments:
oh, i totally understand what you are saying. Sleeping habits are one of my issues that i just don't budge on and crying it out is a must. I would mention to her that lily typically cries for a few minutes and then goes to sleep. give her a time limit that she can then go in and get her if need be.
it's hard to trust someone with the apple of your eye. Lily is use to you and the way you guys do things. in time she will learn what is expected of her a home and at daycare. surprisingly they know.
fin had a issue with his feedings and it made the weekends hard at first but then i talked with daycare and we all got on the same page.
Sorry you both had a rough first day. It will get better...
Oh Alli I'm so sorry! It will get better & she will feel more comfortable each day! Thinking of you guys & little Lilly. Glad to hear of Corey's new job.
Post a Comment