Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Triplet Babies

Baby A- Kinley Lynn
Baby B- Torii Lee
Baby C- Kenton Douglas
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Doctors appointment

Today I took Lily into the doctor to have her weighed. She weighed 11 pounds 13 ounces and has dropped below the rate they would like her to be growing at. When I was telling the doctor about feeding times and how much milk I get when I pump. He is concerned that she is not getting enough to eat. He said that at each feeding she should be getting about 5 ounces. I am luck if I can pump 2 ounces. So he is having me take a natural herb that can help your milk production. He also wants me to pump after every feeding to help let my body know that it needs to make more milk. He will then check her again at her 4 month appointment.

In the mean time I have had to start preparing to head back to work in 2 1/2 weeks. So yesterday i gave Lily a bottle and Corey gave her 1 today. Next week we will give her 2 bottles and then over spring break we will give her the 3 bottles she will need while I am at work. I hate to think about going back I have to prepare because it is going to be here soon.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

wow - you have had a long leave though! i have to go back in a week and a half - i sooo don't want to!

Anonymous said...

enjoy the last few weeks, they will go by way too fast.
hang in there on the feedings, but also remember if you have to suppliment her it's ok. promise me that you will not be hard on yourself if the herbs don't work. i worried so much that i made myself sick...it's not worth it.
loves
nic