Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Triplet Babies

Baby A- Kinley Lynn
Baby B- Torii Lee
Baby C- Kenton Douglas
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Trouble eating

For the passed week Lily has had some trouble eating. She had been eating every 2 hours 10 minutes on each side. Then after Rick and Lynette left I wanted to get her on a schedule and I wanted to strech her feedings out to 2 1/2 hours. The first week she did great. Then about last wednesday she would only eat for about 2-5 minutes on 1 side and then be done. If I tried to feed her more she would start screaming at the top of her lungs. This lasted until friday and then I decided to move her feeding back done to every 2 hours because maybe she was getting to hungry. Over the weekend this worked great. She went back to eating about 8-10 minutes on each side. Then Monday she had a few feedings that were only about 5 minutes on 1 side. Then yesterday the morning started out good and then around 11:00 she only eat for about 2 minutes and that continued on the rest of the day. She also wasn't sleeping well and was very upset. It was the hardest day we have had. Especially because Corey had a basketball game and didn't get home until after 7. I feed her her 2 minutes of food around 9:30 and then we put her to bed. It took her about 1 1/2 to go to sleep and then she woke up at 1:30am instead of her usual 3:00am. She feed like she was starving for 10 minutes on 1 side but would not eat on the other. She then woke up again at 5:00am and eat for 10 minutes on the other side. All morning she has eaten for about 10 minutes on 1 side. Maybe she doesn't need to eat on both sides. i just worry about my milk supply if she doesn't. The doctor said I should be feeding her every 2-3hours 10 minutes on both sides. But what if I can't do that? She is still pooping and peeing so I know she is getting food. Any wisdom or suggestions from you mothers out there?

1 comments:

Leslie said...

Could she maybe have an ear infection? Kids can get really fussy at feeding times when they do because it puts extra pressure on the ear drum when they suck. Chances are...it's probably nothing but if you're worried about your milk supply, and have a pump, I would use it on the breast she doesn't nurse on after a feeding. It'll mean you have something in the freezer for a date night...someday. ;)