Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Triplet Babies

Baby A- Kinley Lynn
Baby B- Torii Lee
Baby C- Kenton Douglas
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pregnancy Advice

Okay, I would love some advice from all of you moms out there. How did you deal with the tiredness, nausea, backaches, and smells?

I have read a couple of books and tried some of their ideas. However, I like to hear what worked for other people because who knows that might just work for me also. Fortunately I have not had to vomit yet, but the tiredness and nausea have really increased the last few day as I went into my 6th week. Anything you would like to share with me I would love to hear.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the tiredness! I was working at a lab in the Tri Cities area during the 1st trimester with Keyan. By 9 am I was fantasizing about my lunch hour nap. I would run home, snarf something down for lunch, and set the alarm to snooze for the next 45 minutes, then head back to work and by 2 be fantasizing about my 5:30 nap. Moral of the story--give into it whenever you can. It gets better in the 2nd trimester I swear.

As for smells, I made Matt eat pizza in the car when it was well below freezing once! Chewing gum helped me avoid being nauseated by a lot of odors. (It also helps with the weird metallic taste if if you get that.)

Ginger ale and saltine crackers helped with mild morning sickness. My mom bought me some dried, crystalized ginger. While it worked, the taste wasn't worth the payoff in my opinion because my morning sickness was always pretty minor.

As for backaches, is it possible those have something to do with the cysts?

Leslie

sugarlinda said...

Here's some advice I got from my own mother. Keep saltine crackers by your bed and eat a couple before you get up. The most important thing...do not let your stomach get empty. So munching on crackers throughout the day will help. The nausea will probably peak around four months and then gradually get better...as will the feeling of being so tired. Just try to get to bed early and sleep as much as you can. And have Corey wait on you!!!!

Linda

Book Club said...

As you know, I was sick the entire length of my pregnancy. It did get better in the second trimester but it was still there. The best thing I did was to never let my stomach get empty. No matter how sick I felt I made sure I ate. Anything sweet made it worse especially chocolate. I ate crackers before I got out of bed in the morning and carried them everywhere with me to munch on.

As for the tiredness, I ended up with the oposite problem. I was extremely tired yet couldn't sleep. I would be up until all hours of the night just wishing I could fall asleep. Short naps whenever I felt tired were the best for me because sleep at night just didn't happen. Just wait until you start feeling movement! That used to wake me up at all hours of the night.

christy said...

I was very sick with bailey from the day we found out we were expecting up until the 5th month, i tried everything and then one day the dr told me to try jelly beans and lemonade ( i know weird) but it helped me, but i also went in twice a week to get shots, i couldn't keep anything down, but it gets better and its all worth it. hang in there

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Corey and Allison! We are SO happy for you! I meant to email you earlier to let you know that we have been praying for you. My mom told me that you and Corey were struggling with infertility. I was SO sorry to hear that. Jeff and I tried to get pregnant for 2 1/2 years and did Clomid, IUI and finally IVF before we conceived Jacob. It was a very difficult time for us. But five years and four kids later and we feel truly blessed. :) We will continue to pray for you & Corey and that you have a healthy baby.

Love, Jeff & Melissa Hall

PS. There are several good medications for nausea in pregnancy. Ask your doctor....I like sublingual Zofran.

Anonymous said...

ok, so the nausea thing is covered with making sure you always have something in your stomache. I personally had luck with hot tomales...the candy. I would suck off all the hot coating and then just ate the rest. Surprisingly it helped.
as for the tireness....you know i love my sleep so i slept, and slept. but at work i would stay awake by eating.
as for the backaches...i would lean over my ottoman and have nick rub my back but that was becuase Fin sat so low on me the whole 3rd trimester. so i'm thinking it could be what Leslie said...the cysts.
can't wait to talk to you soon. i know you are enjoying this crazy time even if your body is all out of wack.